Inca Jungle Trail 3 Days 2 Nights to Machu Picchu 3D / 2N, Enjoy an adventure-filled journey to Machu Picchu, biking, rafting, hiking and ziplining along the way, during this 3-day, 2-night trek. This action-packed trip is a twist on the traditional hiking paths to Machu Picchu, allowing you to enjoy a variety of fun outdoor activities. Do some whitewater rafting on Class III and IV rapids, zoom down a mountain trail by bike, and fly through the sky on a zipline ride. You’ll also travel past amazing Inca ruins and admire incredible scenery, ranging from alpine peaks to lush jungle.
4-day Inca jungle adventure to Machu Picchu
Embark on a thrilling, action-filled ‘trek’ to the famed Inca citadel, mountain biking, whitewater rafting and zipping along the way
Hike among coffee plantations, fruit trees, and high mountain forest while savoring stunning Andean views
Enjoy an alternative to the traditional multi-day Machu Picchu trek
DAY 1: CUSCO – ABRA MALAGA – SANTA TERESA 60km BIKING + 1.5 HOURS OF RIVER RAFTING
We start our adventure early in the morning in Cusco; we pick you up from your hotel around 6 am. We drive you by car through the amazing sacred valley of the Incas. Passing the native town of Chinchero with amazing views of Vilcabamba and Vilcanota mountains range and enjoying the panoramic views of the small towns in the sacred valley, after 2-hour drive we stop in the Inca town of Ollantaytambo to stretch your legs and using the toilet. Then we still driving the car up to Abra Malaga pass at 4350m 14271ft at this point we are going start biking down to Santa Maria town at 1430m 4691ft. At Abra Malaga, you are going get all the biking gear and also a biking training to ensure the triumphant arrival to Santa Maria town. Biking starts high in the Andes with the majestic view of Veronica snow-capped. Downhill biking from Abra Malaga to Huamanmarca Inca site to have lunch and to explore the small Inca ruins of Huamanmarca. Afterward, we get back on the car to get to Santa Maria to do white river rafting in the afternoon. You will have the chance to enjoy the view of the beautiful landscape. Once in Santa Maria, you are going to the accommodations to take a shower and relax. In the evening dinner at the restaurant in town
DAY 2: SANTA TERESA – HIDROELECTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES – ZIPLINE + 3 HOUR HIKKING
Our hiking day starts with an energetic breakfast at the restaurant around 6:00 am. Today is one of the most remarkable days of the entire adventure. We start hiking along the car route for about 45 minutes. Then we get into the original Inca trail that used to be to connect Machu Picchu with Vilcabamba considered the last Inca capital. On the way, we appreciate many plantations of bananas, Coca, yucca, coffee, etc. 3 hours hiking on the original Inca trail with magnificent views of the Vilcanota valley and panoramic views of the hills covered on a different type of plantations from the jungle. We stop at Quellomayo village for lunch a nice place to have lunch in one of the local restaurants after lunch you can rest or walk around. Afterward, we continue the hike along the Vilcanota River 3.5 hours hiking to get to Colcamayo hot springs. This natural and outdoor hot spring is great for a muscle to relax after the hike you can spend a couple of hours at hot springs before to continue the trek to Santa Teresa. After 45 minutes hiking from the hot springs, we get to Santa Teresa. Overnight is going to be in Santa Teresa in the hostel and dinner in the local restaurant.
DAY 3: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
The last day of the tour you are going visit Machu Picchu. You need to wake up around 4:00 am to get ready for the hike to Machu Picchu main entrance. After you grab your pack breakfast you start walking to Puente Ruinas checkpoint for 30 minutes which is open at 5:00 am where you have to show your passport and your Machu Picchu tickets. After you pass the first checkpoint, you will hike all upstairs for one hour to Machu Picchu main gate to be there around 6:00 am. Once everybody meets at the gate, you go into Machu Picchu for the guided tour for 2.5 hours to learn everything about The lost city of the Incas. After the guided tour you have free time to explore on your own the Inca city of Machu Picchu. The time that you will spend in Machu Picchu will depend on how you like to go back to Cusco and also will depend if you want to climb the Machu Picchu montaña or Huayna Picchu mountain which must book it in advance.
We offer you two options to go back to Cusco after visiting Machu Picchu.
You can visit Machu Picchu for a longer time and have enough time if you are planning to do HUAYNAPICCHU or MACHU PICCHU MOUNTAIN, which require a minimum of 3 hours approximately. After visiting the area of Machu Picchu for 7 to 8 hours, you have to return to the town of Aguas Calientes to take a train at 18:20 to Ollantambo for 1.5 hours then by car to Cusco for 2 hours more to arrive in Cusco around 10:30 pm
You arrive at Machu Picchu around 6:00 am for the guided tour for 2.5 hours then you have free time to explore the site on your own. If you take this option, and you are thinking to do HUAYNAPICCHU or MACHU PICCHU MOUNTAIN is possible but will be too tight and rush because you need to leave Machu Picchu at 11:30 to walk back to Hydroelectric for 3 hours in order to be in Hidrolectrica at 2:30 pm to take a car for 6 hours back Cusco. If you are considering doing this option and doing one of the mountains, we recommend you stay one more night in Aguas Calientes and return the 6th day to Cusco by car.
At Ausangate Trekking, we specify the included and non-included services under all the tour itineraries listed on our website. We take care of all the logistics, but please pay attention to the details to avoid missing anything. Some items may be different for specific programs, so please read carefully before booking with us.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Pre-departure Inca jungle trail briefing, presented by the tour guides at 7:45 pm at the office a day before
- English/Spanish speaker professional guide.
- Guided visit to Machu Picchu.
- Transportation to head of Inca jungle trail.
- 02-night hostel
- 02 breakfast
- 02 lunches
- 02 dinners
- BY TRAIN at 18:20 – BY CAR 3:00 pm. From Hidroelectrica
- Vegetarian food is available on request with no extra charge.
- First Aid equipment. Oxygen bottle for emergencies.
- First breakfast
- Last lunch
- Entrance tickets to the thermal baths = 10 soles per person
- Drinking water
We want to make your trip to Peru as memorable and as carefree as possible. In this section, you’ll find the answers to all the questions you have about traveling with Ausangate Trekking in one place. Please read the following information carefully – it will help you with any questions about our services.
Have another question that we haven’t answered here? Drop us a line and we will get back to you asap!
- To plan your trip to Machu Picchu Tour by Train first decide the season in which you will visit Cusco in Peru.
- There are 2 seasons in Cusco: the dry season (April to October) where there is not much rainfall and the rainy season (November to March) where rainfall is more frequent.
- The dry season coincides with the high tourist season. During the rainy season is when fewer tourists visit Machu Picchu.
- Once you have decided the date on which you want to visit the Wonder of the World, buy your tickets to Machu Picchu in advance.
- Make your Machu Picchu ticket reservation well in advance. This way you will be able to better plan tours, hotel reservations, trains, flights, and more.
- If you are going to do the Inca Trail, make your tour reservation 4, 5 or 6 months in advance.
- The entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu mountain should also be purchased up to 3 months in advance.
- Remember to have your passport and identity card in order: check the expiration date.
WHAT TO BRING
- A backpack to carry all your belongings during the trip such as clothes, camera, sunscreen, valuable things, Jacket etc.
- Wool hat or beanie
- Sun hat
- 3 – 4 t-shirt, if you have long sleeve better
- layers (sweater, fleece)
- 2 pair of long pants if you have leggings, you can do on leggings
- Hiking shoes
- 2 – 3 pairs of wool socks
- A jacket Rain gear (Pants, jacket, if you do not have you can buy rain poncho) it is crucial, especially for the wet season.
- Toothbrush and other personal toiletries.
- Sun cream.
- Insect repellent.
- Sandals / Flip flops.
- Some snacks such as chocolate, cereal bars, candies, nuts, energy bars, etc.
- Extra Cash in Soles
- Original Passports
- If you confirm your reservation as a student. Do not forget to take your student ID in physical to the trip. It will be so important to be able to prove that you are a student, at the checkpoint of Machu Picchu
Prices: INCA JUNGLE TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 3D – 2N Group service – VERSION 2022
We have two prices For the Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu 3D-2N. The cost depends on how you WANT to return to Cusco after visiting Machu Picchu.
ADDITIONAL OPTION THAT YOU CAN ADD TO YOUR SALKANTAY TRIP
If you are a student and you want to apply to the student price, you must meet the following requirements demanded by the Peruvian government since we get the discount when buying the entrance tickets to Machu Picchu which is under the administration of the Peruvian government.
If you like to apply for the student price you need to comply with the next requirements Peruvian regulation for students. If you are a student, you need to send us a copy or picture of both side of your STUDENT CARD also a picture or foto of your PASSPORT in order to verify, to get discount The student card must be an original student ID gives from the university in PVC material and it must have the next requirements printed on it: University information, personal student information, student picture, and expiration date valid only for one year, it year must coincide with the year that student visit Machu Picchu, the discount until 25 years old. ISIC cards are not valid for the discount.
Thank you for your interest in having an adventure travel experience in Peru curated by Ausangate Trekking. Please take a moment to complete our short form, so one our friendly Adventure Consultants could provide you all the information for your trip of a lifetime in Peru.
Our Pledge | Your privacy is respected and protected. The Ausangate Trekking Company will never share, sell, or make public any of your personal contact information to third parties.