DAY 01: CUSCO CITY – SACSAYHUAMAN – QENQO – PUCAPUCARA – TAMBOMACHAY – PISAC
We pick you up in the morning from any place in Cusco you tell us. Then we get you to the downtown of Cusco to explore the Inca capital. We will take you to the most important temples of Cusco such Coricancha the main temple of the Incas, the colonial cathedral to understand the mix of Inca and colonial. After we take you to the central market of Cusco to appreciate the real daily life of Cusquenian people and also you have the chance to try some snacks in the market. Then we take you through the different Inca Streets of Cusco while we have lunch in one of the traditional restaurants of Cusco after lunch and some drinks we drive you to the four Inca ruins of Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara, and Tambomachay. Afterward, in the afternoon, we encourage you to the sacred valley of the Incas exactly to Pisac the Inca ruins to enjoy the beauty of the Inca buildings on top of the mountains after exploring we take you to the market of Pisac then to Urubamba to spend one night. Hotel night included. Places that you will visit:
DAY 02: SACRED VALLEY – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
After a relaxing night in the hotel and breakfast we take you by car to Maras Moray To visit the Inca acclimatization laboratory and enjoy the circular farming terraces then we drive you to the salt mines of Maras where you have the chance to enter the Salineras and touch the salt. After we are going to Chinchero to see the colonial temple with its beautiful art and built on top of an Inca temple. Then you visit the textile workshops to learn about the iconography and the most important of how natural these textiles are. Then we go to Urubamba to have a delicious lunch in one of the typical restaurants that are in the sacred valley. They are healthy and very clean. After deserved we will visit an Inca bar to taste the Inca beer the special drink of the Incas and take advantage to interact with the people and see the farm of Cuy (guinea pigs) and learn about the breedings and ways of eating the Cuy. At the end of the day we head to the train station in Ollantaytambo to take the train to Aguas Calientes town to spend a night there and the next day to visit Machu Picchu.
- Maras and Moray the Inca agricultural laboratory
- The biggest salt mines of Cusco
- Chinchero the textile workshops
- Inca bars
- Tradicional restaurant
- Cuy (guinea pig) farms
- Ollantaytambo the living Inca city
DAY 03: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Today you have the entire day to explore Machu Picchu, the Inka cathedral. Early in the morning after breakfast, we take a bus up to Machupicchu to get into it to see the lost city of the Incas almost with no people. Once inside you have time for pictures, to enjoy the views after, we give you the guided tour in Machupicchu to know everything about Machu Picchu and the Incas. Then you have free time to explore the magic of the lost city of the Incas. If you like you can hike to the sun gate or the Inca bridge. If you book in advance Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu montaña, you climb one of this mountains. After Machupicchu, you go back to Aguas Calientes to have a delicious lunch in one of the restaurants in town in the afternoon you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo, and from there we transfer you to Cusco to leave you in your hotel.
Places that you will visit:
- Machu Picchu
- Huaynapicchu / Machu Picchu Montaña
At Ausangate Trekking, we specify the included and non-included services under all the tour itineraries listed on our website. We take care of all the logistics, but please pay attention to the details to avoid missing anything. Some items may be different for specific programs, so please read carefully before booking with us.
- All the transportation need for the tour – Modern Vehicles.
- Professional English speaking tour guide to explore Cusco, sacred valley and Machu Picchu
- Entrance ticket to Coricancha temple
- Entrance ticket to the four ruins of Cusco
- Entrance ticket for the ruins in the sacred valley
- Train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes – VISTADOME 15:37 (check available)
- Train Ticket from Aguas Calientes To Ollantaytambo – EXPEDITION 16:22 (check available)
- 1-night hotel in Urubamba – Sacred Valley
- 1-night hotel in Aguas Calientes town
- Round trip bus ticket from Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Entrance ticket for Huaynapichu / Machu Picchu Montaña ((check available)
- Machu Picchu guided tour
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- 2 Lunch
- 2 Dinner
- 2 Breakfast
We want to make your trip to Peru as memorable and as carefree as possible. In this section, you’ll find the answers to all the questions you have about traveling with Ausangate Trekking in one place. Please read the following information carefully – it will help you with any questions about our services.
Have another question that we haven’t answered here? Drop us a line and we will get back to you asap!
- To plan your trip to Machu Picchu Tour by Train first decide the season in which you will visit Cusco in Peru.
- There are 2 seasons in Cusco: the dry season (April to October) where there is not much rainfall and the rainy season (November to March) where rainfall is more frequent.
- The dry season coincides with the high tourist season. During the rainy season is when fewer tourists visit Machu Picchu.
- Once you have decided the date on which you want to visit the Wonder of the World, buy your tickets to Machu Picchu in advance.
- Make your Machu Picchu ticket reservation well in advance. This way you will be able to better plan tours, hotel reservations, trains, flights, and more.
- If you are going to do the Inca Trail, make your tour reservation 4, 5 or 6 months in advance.
- The entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu mountain should also be purchased up to 3 months in advance.
- Remember to have your passport and identity card in order: check the expiration date.
WHAT TO BRING
- Day Pack
- A coat
- Two t-shirts
- Cap or hat.
- Tennis shoes.
- Water bottle.
- insect repellent
- Photographic camera.
- Rain Poncho (plastic).
- Cash in soles.
PRICES: Cusco City + Sacred Valley + Machu Picchu 3D-2N. PRIVATE SERVICE.
- STUDENT: 579.00 USD
- ADULT: 599.00 USD
ADDITIONAL OPTION THAT YOU CAN ADD TO YOUR SALKANTAY TRIP
If you like to apply for the student price you need to comply with the next requirements Peruvian regulation for students. If you are a student, you need to send us a copy or picture of both side of your STUDENT CARD also a picture or foto of your PASSPORT in order to verify, to get discount The student card must be an original student ID gives from the university in PVC material and it must have the next requirements printed on it: University information, personal student information, student picture, and expiration date valid only for one year, it year must coincide with the year that student visit Machu Picchu, the discount until 25 years old. ISIC cards are not valid for the discount
Thank you for your interest in having an adventure travel experience in Peru curated by Ausangate Trekking. Please take a moment to complete our short form, so one our friendly Adventure Consultants could provide you all the information for your trip of a lifetime in Peru.
Our Pledge | Your privacy is respected and protected. The Ausangate Trekking Company will never share, sell, or make public any of your personal contact information to third parties.