Enjoy a relaxing tour of Machu Picchu in 2 days by taking an incredible Train Journey to the Inca Fortress and discover why this ancient Inca citadel of Machu Picchu is a sacred place wrapped in a veil of mystery with a private guide. This 2-day train tour to Machu Picchu package offers you an intense and outstanding experience in one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. Make your dream come true and enjoy this archaeological sanctuary to the fullest in a package that gives you, like no other tour, the greatest amount of time in Machu Picchu.
Many visitors to Peru opt to hike to the UNESCO World Heritage Site, but if you prefer to experience the beautiful ancient sacred city of the Incas without several days of trekking, then our 2-day Machu Picchu by train tour is for you! Let us plan every detail of this exciting adventure so all you have to do is sit back and enjoy a spectacular journey through the Andean foothills following the Urubamba River, leading you into the cloud forest to arrive at the small town of Aguas Calientes.
During your trip in train to Machu Picchu, you’ll not explore South America’s most spectacular archaeological monument, the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, but you will also travel on one of the most beautiful railways on the planet and enjoy the gorgeous Andean scenery that passes you throughout the journey and have free time to explore Aguas Calientes, soak in the hot springs or browse the stores for souvenirs. Join us on this wonderful two-day tour to Machu Picchu by yourself, as part of a group, or as a couple any day of the week.
DAY 01: CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
We pick up from the hotel at 10:00 am then we transfer you for 1.45 hour to Ollantaytambo train station from where you will take a train at 12:55 the go by train for 1:30 hours to Aguas calientes then you go to the hotel, at the hotel you meet the guide around 7:00 pm to get the details about the next day in Machu Picchu.
DAY 02: MACHU PICCHU – AGUAS – CALIENTES – CUSCO
You wake up around 4:30 am to have breakfast then you go to the bus station and the bus leaves at 5:30 am to Machu Picchu which takes around 25 minutes then you go into Machu Picchu at 6:00 to visit with the guide for around 3.5 hours then you go out of Machu Picchu to take bus back to Aguas Calientes and from Aguas Calientes to take train at 14:55 back to Ollantaytambo then from Ollantaytambo bus to Cusco for 1.45 minutes and you will back in Cusco around 7:00 pm
At Ausangate Trekking, we specify the included and non-included services under all the tour itineraries listed on our website. We take care of all the logistics, but please pay attention to the details to avoid missing anything. Some items may be different for specific programs, so please read carefully before booking with us.
- Transfer service from your hotel in cusco to Ollantaytambo train station.
- vistadome train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes town.
- Hostel night in aguas calientes town.
- Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu picchu.
- Entrance ticket for Machu Picchu.
- Guides service in Machu Picchu.
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes.
- Expedition train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Transfer service from Ollantaytambo to your hotel in cusco.
- Extra expenses
We want to make your trip to Peru as memorable and as carefree as possible. In this section, you’ll find the answers to all the questions you have about traveling with Ausangate Trekking in one place. Please read the following information carefully – it will help you with any questions about our services.
Have another question that we haven’t answered here? Drop us a line and we will get back to you asap!
- To plan your trip to Machu Picchu Tour by Train first decide the season in which you will visit Cusco in Peru.
- There are 2 seasons in Cusco: the dry season (April to October) where there is not much rainfall and the rainy season (November to March) where rainfall is more frequent.
- The dry season coincides with the high tourist season. During the rainy season is when fewer tourists visit Machu Picchu.
- Once you have decided the date on which you want to visit the Wonder of the World, buy your tickets to Machu Picchu in advance.
- Make your Machu Picchu ticket reservation well in advance. This way you will be able to better plan tours, hotel reservations, trains, flights, and more.
- If you are going to do the Inca Trail, make your tour reservation 4, 5 or 6 months in advance.
- The entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu mountain should also be purchased up to 3 months in advance.
- Remember to have your passport and identity card in order: check the expiration date.
WHAT TO BRING
- Original Passport
- Day pack
- Water, we recommend you 2 liters of water but you can also buy on the way
- Snacks like, apple, cereal bar, sweets and chocolates.
- Sun cream
- Mosquito repellent
- Rain poncho
- Cash in soles for your extra expenses such meals, water, etc
Prices: MACHU PICCHU TOUR 2D – 1N BY TRAIN Group service
VERSION 2021 (March 2021 – January 2022)
- ADULT: 289.00 USD
- STUDENT: 269.00 USD
ADDITIONAL OPTION THAT YOU CAN ADD TO YOUR SALKANTAY TRIP
If you like to apply for the student price you need to comply with the next requirements Peruvian regulation for students. If you are a student, you need to send us a copy or picture of both side of your STUDENT CARD also a picture or foto of your PASSPORT in order to verify, to get discount The student card must be an original student ID gives from the university in PVC material and it must have the next requirements printed on it: University information, personal student information, student picture, and expiration date valid only for one year, it year must coincide with the year that student visit Machu Picchu, the discount until 25 years old. ISIC cards are not valid for the discount
Thank you for your interest in having an adventure travel experience in Peru curated by Ausangate Trekking. Please take a moment to complete our short form, so one our friendly Adventure Consultants could provide you all the information for your trip of a lifetime in Peru.
Our Pledge | Your privacy is respected and protected. The Ausangate Trekking Company will never share, sell, or make public any of your personal contact information to third parties.